Tele-Education in Aerospace and Mechatronics using a virtual international Laboratory
Objectives of the TEAM-Project
Provide teams of international students with the opportunity to:
- Develop an international virtual mechatronics laboratory, specialised in mechatronics (integrated Mechanics + Electronics systems) and aerospace control, with facilities physically spread over Canada and Europe, but connected with the expertise of tele-operations.
- Experimental use of this virtual laboratory for tele-operation experiments in aerospace control and mechatronics (TEAM)
- Expand the lab to other fields of mechatronics and other universities in Canada and in Europe.
- Foster student mobility and cultural exchange between Europe and Canada.
The Perspectives in Tele-Education
- Modern technologies in multimedia and telematics (Telecommunications + Informatics) offer new opportunities for a more interesting and more efficient university education.
- Learning via internet introduces more flexibility with respect to schedule and location.
- Students can learn at their own speed.
- State-of-the-art: delivery of lectures via teleconference systems or as text files.
- Actual research is on improving interactivity with students.
- In engineering education, laboratories are of specific importance and are addressed by the innovative TEAM approach