In addition to the projects listed on this page, we serve as contract researchers in industry projects. Most of this research is carried out using nondisclosure or confidentiality agreements. If you are interested in doing a research and development project with us or need consultancy service please contact Prof. Dr. Andreas Nüchter.
- The 3DTK - The 3D Toolkit. A collection of 3D point cloud processing programs.
- The Robotic 3D Scan Repository. An Archive of 3D data from / for robotic experiments.
- International cooperation. A meta project for organizing cooperation with international scientists.
- ¡VAMOS! - ¡Viable and Alternative Mine Operating System!. In this H2020 project the development of a telematics interface for a prototype underwater, remotely controlled, mining machine with associated launch and recovery equipment is done. ¡VAMOS! will provide a safe, clean, and low visibility mining technique ans will prove its economic viability for extracting currently unreachable mineral deposits. (Processed at Zentrum für Telematik e.V.)
- Eins3D - Aiborne-based mission reconnaissance in 3D for fire fighters (Luftbasierte Einsatzumgebungsaufklärung in 3D). Eins3D is coordinated by the Zentrum für Telematik e.V. and is funded by the German SiFo program.
- 3D-Raumlaser - Development of an integrated laser-based calibration and monitoring system for increasing safety in radio therapy (Entwicklung eines integrierten laserbasierten Kalibrations- und Monitoringsystems zur Erhöhung der Sicherheit und Effizienz in der Strahlentherapie). It is funded by the BMWi.
- SAUBER3D - Robot-based deburring of injection molded parts made of plastic automatically by means of laser-based reconstruction in 3D (Spritzgussteile aus Kunststoff AUtomatisch und roBoterbasiert Entgraten mittels laserbasierter Rekonstruktion in 3D). It is funded by STMWi
- MUSCHEL-3D - Mobile ship-based underwater mapping for high-precise acquisition using laser scanners (Mobile Unterwasserkartierung vom SCHiff zur hochpräzisen 3D-Erfassung mittels Laserscannen). It is funded by BMWi.
- TOM - Telematic Observer Mission. Payload camera for small satellite. TOM is coordinated by the Zentrum für Telematik e.V. Within the project we develop visual servoing control suing the payload camera. It is funded by the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Energy and Technology.
- MUDDI - My Digital Device Intelligence. MUDDI received Bavarian FLÜGGE funds.
- Self-calibrating 3D laser scanner and positioning system for data acquisition in turbid water. A DAAD funded PPP project with the INESC robotics lab in Porto, Portugal.
- ThermoBIM - Creating thermal information models of existing buildings by active exploration. A DAAD funded PPP project with our Croatian partners from the ThermalMapper project.
- Semantic sensor data processing using General Purpose Computations on Graphics Processing Units. A DAAD funded PPP project with the Institute of Mathematical Machines (IMM) Warsaw, Poland.
- MiM - Measuring in Motion, EXIST start-up funds for establishing a company, matched with Bavarian FLÜGGE funds. Since September 2016 the company is in operation. For further information, please check the webpage of Measurement in Motion GmbH.