Software for the ICRA Tutorial Industrial Applications with Large-Scale 3D Point Cloud Processing
Here we provide the software and the data sets used throughout the tutorial.Please bring your own laptop.
In general, there are two options for participants
- Use the provided virtual machine. It is an ubuntu system, which contains all needed software and data.
- Use the software natively and download in addition the data sets.
The data sets for the tutorial can be downloaded here (2 GByte).
Linux and MacOS
- check out the current revision from sourceforge, e.g.
svn checkout http://svn.code.sf.net/p/slam6d/code/trunk slam6d-code
- use cmake to configure the project, e.g.
cd slam6d-code && ccmake .
- use the following configuration as ON
- if you need to install packages, cmake will tell you. Under ubuntu you will need
- In addition, you need to install OpenCV. As we use SIFT operators, you will need to download you own version of OpenCV, configure it, and compile it. OpenCV uses also cmake.
- compile the project, e.g., by
On MacOS please use Macports to install the library dependencies.
The above process should also work under windows. However, we we provide a set of 64-bit executables for convenience (requires Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. Please download the executables here.
Linux and MacOS
OpenCV 2 >= 2.4.9 including non-free
On MacOS we used Macports to install the library dependencies.
- Install software
Use git to get the source code:
git clone https://github.com/lasvegasrc/Las-Vegas-Reconstruction.git
If you are using cmake < 3.0 switch to branch cmake2.8:
git checkout cmake2.8
- Compile software
cmake .. && make
You can download an installer here